Yesterday we had technical difficulties with both our land line phone and our internet so I wasn't able to post anything. But now it's up on running (thank goodness). It's amazing to see how much we rely on internet. We had a good weekend...although we didn't get done as much as we would have liked (that's always the case so I don't know why I'm so surprised). Saturday morning Kevin and I woke up early to go get blood drawn for various tests our doctor wanted done. We went out to IHOP for breakfast (I love eating there for breakfast...oh so yummy). We also went to Walmart and actually found an ironing board that we could live with. Our other one has seen better days. We came home and Kevin had to go to work. I started watching some episodes of The Office...I suddenly felt really tired...so I took at nap...at 10:30!! I took Kevin's mom to Walmart because she had an eye doctor's appt. We made it through that and went to lunch. Then I surprised Kevin's mom by taking her to the nail place inside Walmart. She got a manicure, and I got a french set of nails done...Shock of shocks! I've been seriously thinking about getting them for awhile now and finally decided to do that. When we got home I worked some on Kevin's quilt.
Sunday was a good day. I finally went to choir practice for the first time in a couple of weeks. I'm glad I went...I had fun. Then I came home and did some stuff around the house until we had to leave for church. Nursery went really good...much better than last week! We only had to take one kid back to their parents, and the girls that have been having a hard time made it the whole time without crying too much...and I didn't have any kids stuck on my lap the whole time. And the lesson went REALLY well...I was able to get through the WHOLE thing and I had the kids attention...they were answering questions. A part of the lesson was to sing "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." This has always been one of my favorite Primary songs. I sang it like three times so the kids could understand it. Our only 3-year-old was even singing along with me...and when I was done HE wanted to sing it all by himself for me. He was soooo cute! It just touched my heart to see him sing it. So we had a really good day. I like those kind of days.
The rest of the day we spent doing laundry, trying to figure out why our phone and internet weren't working. We made dinner...we tried a new recipe for Cajun Roasted Potatoes...I'll post to recipe later when I'm at home...they were sooo good. Then the rest of the night Kevin and I played the card game "And It Came to Pass." We decided to keep score and whoever lost had to fold all the laundry. Well, I ended up kicking Kevin's butt. We had fun!!! So it was a good weekend. :)
3 comments:
How do you like your nails? Is it hard to quilt with them? It sounds like a good weekend! I'm glad!
Sounds like an awesome weekend! Welcome back to the internet world. :-)
The only part I'm having a hard time quilting is getting the yarn in the eye of the needle...yikes...I'll figure it out thought. I'm getting more and more used to them. I'm almost typing as fast as I was...so far so good...
Post a Comment