23 March 2009

Control Freak

I think I have a problem with wanting to be in control. Today at work in a meeting one of our bosses made an interesting comment that made me think about my life and why I've been unhappy lately. He made a comment about how we can't be in control of everything, but only what we have on our desk. I wish I could remember the exact way he said it. My problem is that I want to be in control of the things that are out of my control and it has thrown me for a loop. The major thing I'm having a hard time accepting is our inability to start a family. I just need to focus on things that I can control, not on the things that I can't. Maybe if I focus on this I'll be able to be thankful for what I have now and not focus on what I don't have. :)

1 comment:

Dione said...

That's a good way to look at it. I don't know how I would have handled not being able to start a family. I think you are a very strong woman and WILL make an incredible mother!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin