
Another purchase made possible by Uncle Sam was a headboard/footboard set for us. I wanted something to help make our bedroom look a little more sophisticated. And Walmart.com was able to help us out (plus Kevin's employee discount...). So we ordered it, and it came this week. Kevin and I have become really good at assembling things ourselves to save some money...hence most of our furniture, our screen door, our exercise bike, our grill, etc. What we have a hard time with the most are the instructions. Some engineers do not know how to make them very easy to use. These particular engineers who designed this bed and their instructions fall into this same category. First of all, they labeled the posts with either Right of Left, but they failed to mark the footboard and headboard which one they were. So Kevin and I are working, trying to get it put together. I was looking at the instructions...they kind of helped...but Kevin also had a mind of his own. So as we're going along, we were trying to attach the posts to the headboard...or at least what we thought was the headboard... We were getting really frustrated as the holes weren't lining up with each other. We couldn't figure out why it wasn't fitting. Then...as smart as we are...we discovered we were actually working with the footboard instead of the headboard. And if we had carefully looked at the instructions, we would have noticed this... but we thought we knew what we were doing...We could have saved like half an hour if we had just been patient and read and looked and paid attention.
We eventually got the bed put together, and as I was thinking about it, I had a thought. Do we treat the Scriptures like we did the instructions for this bed? Do we quickly read through them and assume that we know what to do, instead of taking the time to sit down and read it and internalize what they have to say? Do we miss the important parts because we are so focused on getting the task done? So that was a thought. I know I'm guilty of it. But I can fix that and that's why we're here...to learn!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment