Today was kind of an emotional day for me. We woke up around 9am...late for us. I wasn't really in the mood to go to choir (which is happening more and more lately) so I decided to work on the quilts I'm making for Kevin and his mom. While I was doing that our visitor, who I have kind of named "Kit Kat" started scratching at the black strip between the door to the garage and the doorway. I can't really remember what happened next, but I picked him up and he started meowing like he would if there was another cat around. I tried to tell him that he was okay. Next thing...he bit my shoulder! I was shocked! I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to think. Kevin was mad because Kit Kat bit me. We didn't know what to do. We didn't want him in our house if he was going to bite, but we also didn't want to give him to this family that called inquiring if they could give him a home...they have a little dog and 8-year-old twins. I didn't want Kit Kat biting one of the twins. We don't want to take him to the pound. Kevin suggested that he could be our outdoor cat...I couldn't bare that because what if a coyote got to him? We were torn. We eventually decided that we'll keep him for now. We'll just be on the look out and if he needs to be in the office with the door closed at times, that's just how it's going to be. I got really emotional because I started getting attached to this cat and couldn't believe that he would bite me. This whole thing threw me for a little loop.
Then today in nursery we had 11 kids. Kids didn't want to share toys so kids were fighting over toys...I had three kids crying, and wouldn't go to Kevin...we even had a kid take off her own diaper and while I tried to get out of the room to take her to her dad, three kids got out. When I had to go to the library to get our coloring pages, I had one kid on each hip. Then I had to take one kid back to her mom because she wouldn't stop crying. Snack time was crazy... Things at the end finally were okay. But at one point I thought I was going to lose it. I miss our big classroom...the one we're in now is sooo small...the kids have no room to run around at all...everyone is tripping over each other. There's no where to really sit the table against when it's not up, so we have to keep the table up, which takes more space...
The rest of the day I spent working on Kevin's blanket I think...it's all a haze now. Now I'm in bed tired. I'm going to watch a couple episodes of The Office before I go to bed...and wait for tomorrow come so I can go back to work.
Oh and we pulled more weeds today...so our backyard looks A TON better...
Thanks Connie for bringing cookies and letting us see Eden before you guys go on vacation! We will miss her in nursery! She is so sweet!!!
4 comments:
I have had days just like yours. The other day we came home and found Claudia's bird was missing and there were feathers everywhere. We think maybe my dog got a hold of her or it flew away after a scuffle. That same day I found out Lisa Ellett had passed away. It was such a sad stressful day. I slept really well that night because I was so tired. I hope things get better for you :)
What a day! Years from now, when you're in the RS presidency you'll look back at this particular Nursery day and laugh. But for today, go home and take a nap!
Oh man, I was cringing inside when I read about your day in Nursery. I hope that Eden didn't cause you too much stress! And she has been known to take off her diaper, so hopefully that wasn't her!
I see you are like me- watching a couple of episodes of the Office cures stress!
Eden was fine....she was an angel...she always is. She's probably the easiest kid to handle in there. Don't worry...she's fine. We love having her in there. It's been watching her develop and grow!
Post a Comment