10 March 2009

Lifesavers

Is there a certain food/smell/candy, etc. that reminds you of your childhood? Yesterday I bought some Lifesavers Gummies. When I popped the first one in my mouth it just reminded me of my childhood - more specifically my grandparents. They would give us rolls of Lifesavers - the hard candy type. My grandpa especially liked the butterscotch kind. I liked the original flavors medley. I haven't thought about or even craved any Lifesavers in a long time. It was nice to remember the time I had with my grandparents while they were still alive. I miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin