19 March 2009

The answer to your inquiries

For months with all that has been going on with AIG I've been wishing that they would just change our name so we wouldn't be associated with our parent company that has had all the problems. We asked our executives about changing our name and they gave us excuses about how we weren't going to. Well about two weeks ago they announced they're changing the name of our division to AIU Holdings Inc to help distinguish us from our parent company. We were under the impression that it would take awhile...well after this latest development came out this week we instantly received some emails about the name change and that within the next week our email addresses are changing. And with all this talk about the bonuses I would rather say I work for AIU...We've even been told to not tell people we work for AIG, to not wear any apparel that says AIG and to even make it so our ID badges don't show AIG on the outside. It was kind of scary. I understand the frustration of the American people...believe me...I'm frustrated too about it...but I hate it when people think that because I work for AIG that I have anything to do with all the bail outs and all this other nonsense. The truth is...if AIG goes bankrupt we will still have our jobs because our specific division is entirely separate from our parent company. We have nothing to do with all that's been going on - in fact our division has been profitable - so we'll just have to be hiding until we come out of this....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin