I don't know what it is...maybe it's because I'm a girl...but I love to watch The Bachelor/The Bachelorette. I think it's because I love to see people fall in love. It reminds me of when Kevin and I first got together. It also makes me very grateful for the man I call "Hun Buns".
On this season of The Bachelor, Jason, one of the contestants from the last Bachelorette, was given another chance at finding love. I had really liked Jason from the previous show. Through out this season I thought he did pretty good...Last night was the finale show. All three of us, Kevin, his mom, and I were looking forward to it (yes...you read that right...Kevin too). I liked both of the girls, so it didn't really matter to me on who he chose. Although I was surprised he sent Molly home...I had thought they had more of a connection than Jason had with Melissa. Then I was really shocked when Jason broke up with Melissa on the After the Last Rose show...and then begged Molly to take him back.
Okay, so watching this show, it made me think of a couple of things:
1. I'm soo grateful that I found Kevin and that I don't have to deal with the whole dating scene.
2. There is more than a relationship than the way that they do it on The Bachelor. The girls are constantly fighting for Jason's attention...and they're all on their best behavior. There is no time to really build a solid relationship; especially since Jason is kissing and doing who knows what with the other girls. They don't see the "true" side of each other. They aren't in a normal situation. So how can they expect that these relationships are going to last very long? That's probably why most of them don't. And how can they propose at the end? They barely know each other.
- When Kevin and I first met we went out a couple of times, but nothing really happened. We didn't really know each other. It wasn't until I went on my mission and we were forced to communication via snail mail that we really got to know each other and fell in love. And then when I got home from my mission and we were actually around each other, we learned even more about each other - in total from when we went out on our very first date until the date Kevin proposed it was over two years and two months. If we had been forced to, after two months of knowing each other, decide whether or not to get married, we would not have gotten married...and we both would have missed out! So how can these contestants expect to stay together for the long run when they don't build a solid relationship? To me - they are just setting themselves up for failure.
3. The Law of Chastity is there for a reason. There is more to a relationship than sex! Jason let one of the girls go because she wanted to marry her best friend, and Jason wanted more than a best friend... A successful marriage comes when you are each other's best friend! That will get you through the hard times!
4. Monogamy is the way to go! How can you have a healthy relationship if you're dating more than one person seriously? Jason was confused about his feelings because he had fallen in love with two women at the same time. Would Jason had been more willing to work on his relationship with Melissa if he hadn't also fallen in love with Molly?
Tonight there is another After the Rose Show...who knows what's going to happen now. Is Jason going to break up with Molly because he decided that he's still in love with Deanna? So we'll see...
I love you Kevin!
No comments:
Post a Comment