22 March 2009

300th post

Well, I wish my 300th post would be really exciting...sorry...I'm really tired and am just glad that I can think straight. We've had a good weekend although I don't feel that I got much rest. Yesterday morning I spent time with my neighbor and friend, Kayleen. It was really nice spending time with her and her kids. In the afternoon we spent time cleaning the house. Kevin had to work last night so I spent time getting caught up on some shows from this last week.

This morning we attended the baby blessing of a good friend of ours, Alyssa and Rick. I knew Alyssa at Ricks, and Rick served in the same mission as I did - we were in the same zone for about 4 1/2 months. And Alyssa served her mission in Brazil - the same country Kevin went to - so we have a lot in common with one another. Anyway, they were blessing their first baby, Roderick Thane. After Sacrament Meeting we headed over to Alyssa and Rick's house for lunch. Kevin and I helped Alyssa make bread. The lunch was delicious. When we were done we headed home so Kevin could change his clothes as he got flour and oil all over them. We made it to our church just in time for nursery to start. We had another good day in nursery. We came home and both of us fell asleep - we could have taken naps earlier today.

So we had a good weekend. I think we'll go to sleep early tonight. I am beyond exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin