24 March 2009

I knew there was a reason why I don't like Midol

This week I have had not so fun cramps...they have been worse than they have been in awhile. Lately Ibuprofen and Tylenol don't really work anymore for my cramps, so I decided to see if Midol would help. I think I've taken it in the past and don't think they worked much but I needed to do something. After I had taken them I read the box. On the box it said that it had the same amount of caffeine that is in a cup of coffe...I was like GREAT!...mind you I took it at about 8:30 last night. Well, when I went to try to go to sleep I had a hard time (mind you I also experienced acid reflux for the first time so that didn't help much either). This morning when I got to work I took some more Midol. Well, I started feeling really weird: dizzy, out of it, nauseous, etc. It helped with the cramps but the side effects were worse than why I took it in the first place. I think it was because of the caffeine...my body hasn't had that much caffeine in a LONG time! Now that I know what it does to me I will try to remember next time why I don't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin