03 October 2008

An update

So this week has settled down for the most part. I for the most part wasn't as emotional this week as I was last (last Thursday and Friday I was a basketcase at work...just ask any of my co-workers...luckily they are understanding). It's nice having Kevin home when I get home instead of the other way around. It's nice not having to make dinner or do laundry or clean house... Although he'll probably tell you that he wishes he was working (believe me, we both do), but it's been nice to have him home more.


I've been so proud of Kevin and his dedication to trying to find a job. He's been very diligent. He spends almost every waking second on the computer searching the want ads, Monster, Career Builder, etc. He's applied to a ton of places. He got an email from a job that he applied to last week that says they want to set up for an interview for next week. So we'll see what happens there. But this time has given Kevin time to think about what he REALLY wants to do. What happened at his last job has kind of turned him off from chiropractic right now. That's sad after all his hard work and going to school and all that...but it's giving him some avenues of finding something that he really will enjoy.


I really need to get myself back into a schedule of exercising, etc. Since Kevin's home when I'm home now that takes my hour and a half to get stuff done. I really need to be practicing my flute. A couple of weeks ago I was asked to participate in the musical fireside that our stake is having. Instead of a church song, they asked me to play a classical piece. So I really need to practice so I can get my fingers and my lips to where they need to be. I need to either get back to doing my Wii Fit, or I need to be going out to walk, ride my bike, etc. These last few days I have been tired so I haven't gotten myself up to doing much.

We're excited for the weekend. It's General Conference. And Kevin's friend, Dan, called to invite us to his son's soccer game. So we're excited to go to that. We'll miss our kids in nursery on Sunday since there's General Conference, but we'll see them next week. But it will be nice to be able to sleep in, and to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin