19 October 2008

Relieved

So my performance tonight is over with...thank goodness! I was getting nervous about it today. I went through it twice with my accompanist this afternoon and it sounded good. My fingers were moving the way that I needed them to, I was able to breathe half-way decent. So I get to the church and I look at the program to see in what order I was playing in. I was placed second to the last. I was hoping I was in the beginning so I could get it over with, but that wasn't the case. So I sit and listen through the other performers pieces, and as each minute went by the more nervous I became. My heart was beating really fast by the time it was my turn. So I got up. Yeah...I was definately nervous. I played okay...nowhere near where I played earlier today, but it went fine. I wish that I could play it over again without being so nervous. But I need to give myself a break. I haven't played a classical flute solo in front of that large a group in a very long time...if ever. I'm trying to see if I can upload the video we took at my accompanist's house earlier today, but am having technical difficulty, so once I figure it out I'll post it. But I'm glad it's over with...

1 comment:

Sally said...

Good job, Cindy! :-)

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin