18 October 2008

Blessings

So today was bill pay day. With all that has been going on this is not such a fun time. But somehow, the Lord has blessed us that we've been able to pay all of our bills. We thought we were going to have problems with bills for the beginning of November, but after doing the math, we found out we're going to be just fine. Right away I knew it was the Lord that was blessing us. He's given us the peace we need to get through this time in our lives. I didn't post a lot this week because I had started to feel a little negative and didn't want to be negative - but the Lord is blessing us. Kevin is still diligent with applying to jobs, but nothing has come of his hard work. But we know something will come. There's a job out there for him and we just have to wait for it.

This morning our neighbor, Shane, came over and invited us to play volleyball with him and his wife, Kayleen, in honor of her birthday. Of course, we said we would go. We had sooo much fun. It ended up being just the four of us but we had a really good time. I forgot how much I miss playing volleyball. Although, tomorrow Kevin and I probably will be sore.

Tomorrow I'm performing in our stake musical fireside. Instead of playing a church song, I'll be playing a classical piece. I haven't played a classical piece in front of a large group of people in a long time. I'm trying not to get too nervous. So we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

FlutePrayer said...

Please let me know how it goes!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin