So we've had a busy week so far. Monday night I spent putting together a Halloween trivia for work. Our neighbor's little girl came over and invited us to see the pumpkins they just carved. They also showed us the dart board they put up in their garage. We stayed for a little while. Kevin played darts, while I ran around and chased the kids. Last night I was supposed to go visiting teaching, but that didn't work out. I went out with my best friend, M.J., instead. I had a GREAT time with her. Then tonight we went to a Halloween festival that Kevin's friend was going to (not sure if it was an official ward halloween party or not). It was at someone's house who has an acre of land. It was awesome. There was a train the drove kids around. There was a climbing wall. There were booths, cotton candy, snow cones, three bounce houses, etc. It was AWESOME! Then tomorrow night is our ward's Trunk 'R Treat. We'll go and make an appearance.
Good news...we've been waiting for Kevin's unemployment to kick in for weeks now. We've been wondering why it was taking so long. On Monday, Kevin received a phone call from the unemployment department advising him that his old employer was trying to fight paying for unemployment because Kevin didn't fulfill his job as they would have liked him to. Kevin said he did everything he could and hadn't heard anything from his boss in over six months about anything negative. They advised we would receive their final decision in the mail this week. Tonight it came and they found Kevin is eligible for unemployment benefits! Thank goodness! His old boss is famous for trying not to pay unemployment. What a relief!
No comments:
Post a Comment