I'll just start off by saying I'm still getting used to the fact that here in AZ we can watch Conference on public television. So now we can watch conference in the comfort of our own home without having to pay for cable like we did in CA. Anyway, one of the commercials right before conference started was about a new website called LDS Journal.
(To preface: I started keeping a journal when I was fourteen. I wrote something everyday. This continued until the last month of my mission. Ever since then I either didn't have the time or I didn't have the want to sit down and write in a journal. I've had quite a few attempts. I have a few notebooks around the house of journals that I attempted to start and to keep...but each attempt only ended in failure. This year I did better than I had the previous five. I had a pink notebook I bought at Walmart. I wrote in that for a couple of months. It got to the point where I didn't think it was safe to physically write in a journal because of someone in my house who might read it - not Kevin - so I tried to think of an easy way to keep a journal on the computer. I instantly thought of creating a separate blog, since I could keep it so only I could see it, and it was something that was accessable on any computer with access to the internet. So I started that and have been fairly constant with that. So when I saw that commercial it tweaked my interest.)
So to continue on, one of the things about this website that really caught my attention is that you can print your entries later in a book form (and even on a DVD). I'm not sure if I would be easily be able to print my entries on my blog journal easily, so I decided to check the website out when conference was over. I recommend for all those who want an easy way to keep a journal to check it out. You can even set up reminders to email you to write in your journal. And it's not only just a journal. There's a screen where you can put your family history in, you can put facts in about you. So check it out. The website is: www.ldsjournal.com. And it's not just for us mormons. Anyone can use it, and it's free!! And easy to use!!
No comments:
Post a Comment