04 May 2009

Update

I've been meaning to post something but everytime I go to add a new post I haven't felt like writing anything. So here I go...let's see...what have we been up to...

1. I've been working pretty busily on various quilts.
I started these in January. I finished the purple one. But when I got to the pink one I discovered I bought the wrong binding.
I finally foound the right binding so I finished the pink one.

These are receiving blanket size...


I will post pictures of my other project in a couple of days.
2. Swine Flu... Okay...I do not understand all the hype with the Swine Flu. It's just another strain of the flu. Every year there a number of people who die from the flu...why is the media freaking out? The media is just scarying everyone when it's not needed. Schools are being closed. IT'S JUST THE FLU!!!!!
3. Bike riding...Kevin and I have been riding our bikes lately. On Saturday we decided to go for a longer ride than we have been. We rode about five miles to our local Jamba Juice. Went to Walmart to get a softer seat cover for our bikes. Then we rode to our church to help clean. Then we rode home. It was AWESOME!!!!!
4. Kevin bought a PINK shirt! I've been bugging him about buying one...and he finally did.
This is the only angle we could get that would actually show the color.
5. We have way too much fun in nursery yesterday. We took a video on our phone but I'm having technical difficulties with saving it so I can post it. Somehow the kids started playing "Boo" with Kevin and that started a Boo game where Kevin would say "Boo" and the kids would scream and run into the corner...which was their hiding place. It was so cute! The kids were having a blast!!!
6. Today I have the day off...I know...a rare thing. I needed a break and Kevin has today off...so I decided to just take it off. Not sure what we're doing but it beats being at work. Yeah...and last night I fell asleep at 7pm and didn't wake up until 9am! FOURTEEN hours of sleep!!! Yikes!!!!!!
Anyway...until my next update...or until I feel like posting again....

1 comment:

Connie said...

1. The quilts are so cute!
2. I totally agree with you about Swine Flu.
3. I am jealous!
4. I noticed the pink shirt on Sunday and I thought it looked great!
5. I'm sure Eden loved that game!
6. Enjoy your day off!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin