17 May 2009

Kevin's Owie

Kevin called me on one of his breaks yesterday and told me that he cut his finger on one of the meat slicers. He said it bleed for a little bit and they were able to stop the bleeding. I asked him if he was okay. He said yeah. When Kevin came home he took off his band-aid and it started bleeding and it didn't want to stop. I asked Kevin if we should go to the ER...he said he was fine. He put another band-aid on. And then it started bleeding out of this band-aid...I told him that was enough...we were going to the ER.

So I drive him to the ER. Went through registration and he was called back within ten minutes. Nurse and doctor came in right away. Doc told him he would need stitches. They gave him a tetanus shot. Then we waited for about half hour for them to come back and numb his fingers. Poor guy! The shots they had to give him really hurt him...I haven't seen him in that much pain in awhile. Once the finger was numb the Doc came back and put in three stitches. And then we were good to go! We were in and out in a little under two hours!!!

P.S. We're now joking around that we paid $75 for 3 stitches, half a pizza, and a good pair of scissors! Three stitches obvious. Half a pizza - the lady who signed us in and out had ordered some pizza and was nice enough to give us the rest...she was a really sweet lady. Good pair of scissors - the nurse said we could keep the scissors the doctor used to put in Kevin's stitches with.

1 comment:

Mrs. Vanna Z said...

i landed upon your blog through about 5 other blogs...and I have no idea where it all started, but I noticed you have an infertility blog that is private. I am dealing with infertility, and wanted to know if I could be a reader of your blog!

Thanks!

vzinke@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin