So (there I go again...oh well...) I'm not the person to go from store to store to just get good deals on stuff. I don't have very much patience for being in stores so when I married Kevin who was notorious for going store to store just to get the best price I guess I learned that 1. I either needed to just get used to it, or to 2. let him do the shopping. In the last year I've started to change my tune...I've actually had more patience to go to a couple of stores to do our shopping. It all started when we discovered Fresh & Easy and how good their hamburger was and how cheap it was (way cheaper than Walmart!) - and it also helped that they have buy $20 and save $5...
Today we desperately needed to go grocery shopping...we haven't gone and done a "good" shopping since September - the day that Kevin was let go (we did this prior to our finding out he was let go). We've been getting by, but since we got a pretty good tax return and our bill cycle for the next two weeks not being as heavy as last cycle, we decided that we should stock up on some stuff. And with Kevin working at Wal-mart he knew first-hand about price matching. So today he sat down and did some research for price matching. We actually put a list together of what we needed and we set off for Wal-mart.
Here's a sample of some of the things we got:
- Eggs (18 for 1.50 - Albertsons)
- Canned vegetables: store brand (5o cents each - Basha's)
- General Mills cereal 9-12.25 oz (1.47 - Fry's)
- Oscar Myer lunch meat 9 oz (1.99 - Fry's)
- Ragu Spaghetti Sauce 16-26 oz (.99 - Safeway)
- Gallon milk (1.57 - Safeway)
- Wal-mart brand Cream and Mushroom soup 54 cents EACH!!!!
In total we bought 80 items for about $125. Not bad for buying a lot of food...and two things of cat litter $7.44/each, razors $9, etc.
We thought we could price match hamburger meat at Wal-mart but found that we couldn't, so we went to Safeway where we found 93/7 hamburger for 1.97/lb. We stocked up on 8 pounds...spent $15.29 total - including tax!!!!! Saved $25.76!!!
We also went to Fry's and got the following:
- Foster Boneless Chicken Breasts for 1.67/pound.
- Bottom Round Roast for buy one get one free
We spent $22.58 and saved $29.66!!!!!!!!
So we should be good to go on food for awhile!!!! We were SOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment