22 February 2009

Another good day

We had another good day today! Yea! We had Stake Conference this morning. Usually I have a really hard time sitting through Stake Conference, so sometimes we skip going. This time, however, we decided to go. Plus, I had extra incentive. My friend, MarJan needed a page turner for the stake choir, and she loves when Kevin turns pages. I sang in the choir, without going to practices. Anyway, one of the songs was a medley of songs about prayer. I felt the Spirit really strong. Our stake president spoke first. He spoke about personal revelation. It was a really good talk...it really made me think. I've been thinking about my spiritual life lately and have known that I need to make some changes, but while he spoke I felt strongly that I actually need to put what I was thinking into action. To some they might not have a hard time, but for me I've been struggling these last couple of years. One of the things that I have been having a hard with is faith...and it's ironic because it was my faith that got me through for years...and these last couple of years with all the struggles I've had, my faith has not been as strong as I know it should be. I won't bore you with the details of why I've struggled, but I know I have some work to do, and listening to the stake president today, gave me a reason to do something. We also had the opportunity to hear from the mission president and his wife, the temple president and his wife, and someone from one of Quorum of the Seventies. So we were blessed. It was a really good conference.

After stake conference we came home. We ended up cleaning the house...it's been needing it and we haven't had the time lately to do it, so we focused on that for about an hour and a half. We probably would have done a lot more, but we needed to go over my friend's house to eat lunch with them. We went over there. I knew my friend from Ricks, and she married an elder from the mission I served in...I was friends with him too, so it's been fun to spend time with them. My friend served her mission in Brazil and Kevin served his in Brazil, so we have a lot in common. Anyway, they just had their first baby so I was able to spend time holding their son and talking with them. We played a game called "And it came to pass." It's kind of like Uno, but has a Gospel twist. It was fun to play!

We came home and pulled some weeds in the front...even though I spent 5 hours last weekend pulling weeds, they had already come back so we took care of those. Then we went to say hi to our neighbors. And now we're just finally sitting down for the first time all weekend.

It's been so good to actually be getting something done, instead of sitting like a bump on a log doing absolutely nothing and feeling guilty because of it. It's been a productive weekend. And I wish that I had another day to finish cleaning the house. We still need to clean our bedroom, mop all the tile in the house, clean the bathroom, pull weeds in the backyard, etc.

Oh...an update on Izzy. He's doing a lot better. He's almost back to his old self. He's still a little more skittish than he usually is, but he hasn't thrown up anymore blood. So we'll still watch him and we'll take him in if he doesn't get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin