So it's been weird to not check my email, facebook, blogs, etc. I came back to 66 emails in my junk box, 23 notifications in Facebook, and 18 new blog entries to read. I just got home thirty minutes ago. Our weekend was fabulous. It was sooo nice to relax. On Saturday we watched Taken (thanks to a gift certificate that I got at work) and we ordered dinner at our favorite restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings (thanks to Kayleen and Shane). The rest of the time we just hung out in the hotel room, watched TV. It was sooo nice! Although I did miss my kitties...
So I wore my contacts all weekend for the designated hours allotted. They were feeling good. I was thinking "Yes. This is going to work." Then I got to work today. And the heater is on. My eyes are dry anyway...and to be in a room with the heater on...just dries them out! So my eyes were totally dry...I kept on having to put drops in. And they felt exactly how they felt when I decided to stop wearing contacts years ago. As I thought about it and as I endured with the dry eyes I realized that I wouldn't be able to deal with contacts. I mean, in an air conditioned room or outside my eyes feel great...but in a heated room forget it! And at work I have no control over temperature and right now the heat is on and since I'm at work for like ten hours a day I didn't want to continually deal with dry eyes...and what would I do during the summer when it's so hot outside? And even though I finally have gotten to the point where I can get the contact in and out without much trouble I don't think my eyes would be happy...so I've decided to go back to glasses...Whaaaaa...I know...I was really hoping contacts would work...but my eyes just don't like them. So tonight on the way home from work I stopped by Lenscrafters and picked out a new pair of glasses. And they should be ready next week. So...I'm just a glasses girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment