15 February 2009

I'm sore


We got a letter from our "Lovely" HOA regarding our weeds again...like they have nothing else better to do...so yesterday I decided to tackle these obnoxious weeds that seem to come as soon as you pull them. (Thankfully the HOA hasn't seen our backyard...we would definately get a couple of letters just for that!) I was outside for like five hours pulling weeds! I couldn't believe there were so many! I'm surprised I had so much patience! I was actually enjoying the time to myself. About half way through I pulled out my radio. I pulled out pretty much all the weeds, and now we just have to figure out what to do with our plants. I don't know why...but they just look so ragged. Of all the yards on our street ours probably looks the worse. So we'll see...
This is an example of how crazy our weeds are:

That's a license plate cover to show you how big this particular weed was. It was in our lantana...you would think it was a part of the plant, but it's not.

So now the tip of my right pointer finger and my legs are sore. I think we'll use a hoe and a shovel for the weeds in the backyard. Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin