12 February 2009

Sober

So I went on Facebook today as normal and I saw a comment from a girl that I grew up with. They were talking about another person from our home stake. So I went to some blogs to see what was up (I'm nosy I know). It turned out that this person from our home stake has been battling cancer for the last two years. From the perusal of the blogs, she had breast cancer twice, liver cancer, lung cancer, and now has several tumors in her brain. She's had SEVERAL rounds of chemo, radiation, etc. They just found out about the the brain tumors. She might not have much longer to live. But they've decided to fight and try chemo again. And they're going to do surgery to tumors. I couldn't believe it when I read it! I grew up with this girl. She's three years older than me. We weren't that close, we were in different wards, but she was sooo sweet!! So when I think my life is hard and am frustrated that it isn't where I want it to be, I'll just think of my friend and what she's going through. She's sooo young!!!

2 comments:

Me said...

So...u know u always start ur blogs with "So"...there, that's my happy comment for this not-so-happy entry.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

So?????

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin