27 November 2008

Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving has always been a special holiday for me. To me it's bigger than Christmas. I don't know if it's because I love my Mom's cooking or what but it's always been something that I've looked forward to. When my grandparents were alive and living in assisted living we would eat with them at their assisted living center on Thanksgiving and we would have our traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Friday. And even after my grandparents passed away we still kept the pattern and didn't have our Thanksgiving meal until Friday. Some part of the family was either traveling on Thursday to avoid all the Wednesday traffic or it just worked out better that we had dinner on Friday. But it's always been a special time for me. That's why this year I was having such a hard time with the fact that I wouldn't be able to spend it with my family. But it worked out that I was able to spend it with them so I am thankful for that! And even though I am away from Kevin during this, my favorite holiday, I am thankful to be with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin