18 November 2008

A little this and that...

So I've been wanting to post something for the last couple of days but I didn't really have anything extraordinary to report, so this post will be a little this and that...about some of the thoughts that I've been having, some of the things that have been going on...

Kevin had his orientation with Walmart last Saturday and his "first" day was today. So far he is enjoying it. The people there are really nice. And I bet he feels better now that he's working again. Kevin got off of work tonight at 7pm so I was home first...which was a little strange because for the last two months he's been home when I get there. And when he called to say he was on his way home it seemed like it was old times again...only I had to remind myself that he wasn't at his old job.

On Sunday I played a piano solo in Sacrament Meeting. I played "My Heavenly Father Loves Me". This is one of my favorite Primary songs. Before I played I was thinking about the lyrics of the song:

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.

Saturday I had a really really really bad day. I spent most of the day in bed in my pjs because I couldn't get myself out of bed. I wasn't in a good mood. A part of me was wondering if Heavenly Father had forgotten about me because of all that has been going on. So as I was sitting in church and thinking about the lyrics of that song it just hit me that Heavenly Father does love me and even though we are going through a lot of trials right now that He'll be there and that He'll love me no matter what.

Lately I've been having to deal with something that I was dealing with about four years ago. It's something that I knew I would have to battle for the rest of my life but I was hoping that I would be able to handle it. It's gotten to point where I can't handle it on my own anymore so I asked for help and I hope things will get better soon.

1 comment:

Dione said...

You have such a strong spirit and are an inspiration. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. Whatever it is you are going through right now, I know you'll be okay because Heavenly Father does love you.

Sorry I'm being so sappy! But it's true!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin