21 November 2008

A better week

So this week I've been feeling much better. This week has really gone by fast. It just seems like yesterday that it was Monday. So now the weekend is here and here are some things that I plan to do tomorrow:

- do misc laundry
- clean bedroom
- clean bathroom
- wash and detail car

Kevin works for about five hours so I'll have some time to do that all in...hopefully.

Next week is Turkey Week. Our original plan was for Kevin and I to drive to CA to spend the weekend with my family, but we found out Kevin had to work both Friday and Saturday, so reluctantly we decided we had to stay here. That really bummed me out because I really wanted to see my family...I didn't know if I would be able to see them at Christmas time... and it just bummed me out to think of not spending either of the major holidays this season with my family. Tuesday my mom called me at work and asked if just I would come out for Thanksgiving. I was a little hesitant because I would be away from Kevin and I wasn't looking forward to driving all the way by myself...but I knew that I really NEEDED to be with my family. So I'm braving it and going. I'll miss Kevin but I really need a break from everything going on.

Tuesday is Kevin's hearing with regards to his unemployment. We'll be glad when that is over!!!

Last night Kevin and I watched Survivor. There is this really annoying guy on it named Randy. He had the plan of annoying everyone to get them to vote him off. He wanted to get an immunity idol from another member of the tribe and then since he would use the immunity idol he would be able to vote someone off. Well, the thing he didn't realize was that the immunity idol that he was given was a fake immunity idol. You should have seen his reaction. It was SOOOO funny!!!!!! He was voted out much against his surprise! Ha ha!

1 comment:

Dione said...

This is the first time in years I haven't watched Survivor and your description of the last episode just made me miss it! Oh well, there's always next year.

Drive safe and have a great Thanksgiving. Tell your mom hello for me!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin