07 November 2008

Another wrinkle

So today I was having a great day. I was finally feeling happy...these last couple of weeks have been kind of hard...I've been having a hard time getting up in the morning, I started not enjoying the things that I used to love, etc... Today at work things started to change. I was in a good mood. I was hyper and having fun. That all ended when I got off the bus and saw that Kevin was waiting for me. I knew something was wrong. We got in his car and I asked him what was going on. I thought something had happened at home with his mom...I wish that is what was wrong. But life isn't that easy. We got notification from the unemployment department that Kevin's old employer was appealing the decision that Kevin is eligible for unemployment benefits. Kevin has a hearing with a judge on the 25th to go over the case. That's our only opportunity to state our case. If the appeal is found valid we'll have to repay the money we received. We're just so frustrated right now. Kevin's boss is trying to make it sound like Kevin was a horrible doctor and that he didn't do his job well. But we feel we have a good case. The problems they are referencing happened in the beginning of this year. If they thought Kevin was doing such a horrible job why didn't they fire him back then? We have copies of pay stubs with his bosses writing telling him he was doing a good job. He was given raises and bonuses. Why would he be given raises/bonuses if he was doing such a horrible job? His old employer tried to make it seem that Kevin was detrimental to the company. If anything, Kevin helped the company! His patients loved him. So... we'll just have to present our case to the best of our ability and we'll just have to deal with whatever the outcome is. Right now we're just numb. We're already dealing with a lot right now and to have this added on is almost more than we can bear right now. But we'll just take things one at a time and know that Heavenly Father doesn't give us more than we can bear.

6 comments:

Dione said...

I had fun reading your blog - haven't made it all the way through, but enough to see that you and Kevin are wonderful people! My brother in-law just went to court over unemployment and won! Keep your chin up!

Nancy said...

Hey Cindy I found you through facebook and hope you don't mind me peeking in. You and Kevin are amazing considering all the stuff you both do. I read the thing about marshall in nursery and kind of giggled, but he used to be so quite and shy. Honestly he would just cry for his mom and dad. MAybe this is a way he has figured that if he continues that his parents would have to keep him. Anyways keep up the amazing job and let me know if you ever need help.

Kayleen said...

Everything is going to work out. We are praying for you!

The Brook Family said...

Cindy,
I don't mind at all that you looked at my blog. I am glad you did. Good luck taking care of that garbage in your life right now. Keep your chin up:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cindy: I was saddened to hear of your struggles. You are in our prayers. So many of us are struggling these days. Know you are in our prayers, and as you well know, these are opportunities for growth (especially when we feel we don't want to grow anymore). Please, feel free to call when you are down . . . nothing worse than to wake up not wanting to be awake. I am here for you :)

Sally said...

Cindy!
I am so sorry about this this.... it sounds like you have a lot of information that will help Kevin out. I hope this all works out for ya!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin