29 January 2009

Contacts here I come...

So I last decided I wasn't going to get contacts. Well tonight we had our eye appointment at Lenscrafters. Both of us were just going to get glasses. They ran the typical tests. It was funny. On one of the machines they had some letters and they were testing me on what I could read. All I saw was a white screen...and there were actually letters there...that's how blind I am! So when it was time to see the doctor the subject of contacts came up; that I had been seriously thinking about it but wasn't sure about it because of my experience in the past. He asked if I had soft contacts or gas permeable. I said gas permeable. He told me he thought that I would do really well with soft contacts and with how high my prescription is that it might be better for me. So he was able to convince me to try contacts. He told me he would give me a "sample" to see how I like it for a little while. If I like it we can order them. And Kevin's going to do contacts too. So contacts here we come. Kevin's contacts have to be ordered so when they come in we'll both go in so they can show us how to put them in and take them out. So we'll see what happens. I'm kind of excited!

2 comments:

FlutePrayer said...

I love, love, love my extended wear contacts. Be patient with putting them in. Like all things, it becomes easier with practice. Good luck!

Kayleen said...

OOH, good for you! Like Shane would say, make sure you have a pair of back-up glasses that are the correct prescription just in case you need them!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin