02 January 2009

1st post of the new year!

Wow! Can hardly believe it's already 2009! This decade has gone by way too fast! Ten years ago I was in my senior year of high school wondering what my life would turn out like. Ten years later am I proud of what I've done in the last ten years? Yes! I graduated from high school and Ricks, served a mission, got married, moved four times, had three different jobs, and have grown up a ton!

I've been trying to think of what my New Year Resolutions are going to be. Coming up with a blank. There are always the typical things that I know I need to do, but I need to change those because I want to change them...not just because it's a new year. So we'll see...it will be a evolving thing... No sense in setting myself up for failure with trying to set a goal for myself that I know I won't be able to fulfill.

Kevin and I got back from our mini-vacation. It was definately worth it! We definately got the rest that we needed and the alone time that we've desperately needed. Wednesday Kevin met me at work and we took the Light Rail to Mesa together. We went to lunch at Macayo's and pigged out because both of us were STARVING. We drove to the hotel and checked-in. We watched some TV. Eventually we decided to go to Walmart to get some snacks. We pulled out the yellow pages and found a Wal-mart. We called the store for their major cross streets. Hayden and Frank Lloyd Wright. We weren't really sure on where we were in relation to Frank Lloyd Wright; I knew that we passed it on the way to the hotel, but couldn't remember exactly where. So Kevin calls the front desk (this is my favorite part of the trip...) asks the clerk "Where is Frank Lloyd Wright?" Clerk replies "That's our major cross-street Sir." We just laughed. Anyways, we went to Walmart, found our snacks, picked up dinner at Burger King and headed back to the hotel. We ate, watched a little TV. I fell asleep at 8:45...a good way to ring in the new year. Yesterday we laid around for a while, went to IHOP, the PGA Superstore, and a GameStop then came back to the hotel. There was a Bones marathon on TNT so we watched a lot of that. I ended up taking a nap for like three hours! We ordered dinner from our favorite buffalo wings place and went and picked it up. We watched even more TV and eventually fell asleep. So it was a good relaxing trip. And now we're home. Can we have these mini-vacations every month?

2 comments:

RWSerr said...

Happy New Year Cindy! Hope you have a great one! The vacation sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a quiet time doing exactly what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it. Long live mini-vacations!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin