14 January 2009

Becoming a little more girly

So most of you who have known me since I was young know how much of a tom boy I truly am. I've never been one who wears much make up or does anything really fancy with my hair. I've never been in love with shopping. Not concerned about name brands...my favorite store to buy clothes are Target or Walmart. In the morning all I do with my hair is brush it and leave the house with wet hair. I've had the same shoes for years. I wear out my clothes until I can't wear them anymore... So when I was home for Thanksgiving my sister gave me two pairs of shoes that didn't fit her. Not just any shoes...high heels...something that I have stayed away from due to the fact that I'm already 5'11" and don't need a couple more inches. But the shoes were so cute. Problem was...my work clothes were too frumpy to match these shoes. So for Christmas my bought me some new work clothes. So now I'm wearing high heels everyday, and I'm looking much more sharp. And over the weekend I went to Walmart and bought...wait for it...wait for it...MAKE UP!! So I'm not to the point of being a girly girl, but I'm looking a little more feminine. Thanks Diana!!!

3 comments:

Me said...

Yuck-you make it sound like I'm a girly girl. Baha- love you!!!

Dione said...

If you're 5'11" and wearing heels my advice to you is - WORK IT! You own it, girl!!!

Me said...

No posts lately? Where are you? I love you!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin