So it's been almost a week since we received that phone call from Kevin's aunt. We were down for a couple of days...but things have turned up. Nothing with the situation has changed...MY attitude toward it has. I have relied on the Lord to get me through it. I've been reading my scriptures, praying more, I asked Kevin for a blessing, last night I went to the temple...things I know I should do more often but was being lazy about. But I've seriously have felt a difference. I've felt a lift. I've started to feel like my old self again. With regards to how I feel about what happened, I feel better. Now that I've taken myself out of the situation for a couple of days I'm looking at it better. I'm thankful that Page told us the truth because it would have been really horrible to have moved Kevin's mom there, just to have her totally abandoned. I just have learned that honesty is the best policy when it comes to family. It's NOT healthy to not talk about the elephant in the corner! (or however that saying goes)...because it seems that's how this family works. Guess what...it doesn't get you anywhere! But anyway, I'm feeling MUCH better!
Kevin and I can't wait for this weekend! We're going to LA to spend time with my family. For the first time in five years I'll be able to see the ocean! Man...I didn't realize how much I would miss it! But we're just excited to get away and to get away from our "life" for a couple of days!
No comments:
Post a Comment