07 September 2008

Amen and Amen

So this morning during Sacrament Meeting they announced the CES fireside for tonight. I used to go to those while at Ricks, in the Mar Vista Ward, and even on my mission. I enjoyed the Spirit it brought to my life, and it's changed it. Well, Kevin and I decided to attend tonight's fireside. Boy, am I glad that we went! Elder Jeffery R. Holland spoke. It was such a powerful message! He talked about the Liberty Jail and how that Joseph Smith became a stronger person because of it. He talked about trials and how we can rely on the Lord and He'll be there for us. I can't even do any justice to what he said. The Spirit touched me and gave me the comfort that I needed. We've had a hard couple of months dealing with Kevin's mom, and at times we didn't know if there was be an end to our struggles, but if we rely on the Lord and turn to Him, He will see us through. He will carry us. He will support us. No matter what we are going through, He will be there. There is only one person who knows exactly what we are going through and that is our Savior, Jesus Christ. He has sufferred for all of our sins, has felt all our heartache, and has experienced all of our sorrow. He did this so He could redeem us, so He can comfort us in our time of trial. All we need to do is remember that and turn to the Lord. It was a very powerful talk. I hope some of you had the opportunity to listen to it. It brought me a lot of peace and I am thankful that we decided to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin