15 August 2008

Run Cindy Run...

So today I took the bus to work. I brought my purse and a bag with my lunch in it. I get off on my first stop. I walk to the corner and wait for the crosswalk like to tell me that I can cross the street. I stand there for about a minute. As the walking man lit up for some reason I knew something was missing. I realized that I left my purse on the bus! I panicked! I saw my bus starting to cross the street. I didn't think I would be able to catch up to it. I made a comment to the guy walking next to me that I had left my purse on that bus. He started running and said that we needed to try to catch it. So he's running and I'm running after him (and the bus). Before we could get to the next corner the bus turned left. We kept on running...the guy crossed the street that the bus was going to be on...I stayed on the side of the street that I was running on. I saw the bus stop at the next corner. So I'm running...I cross the street. I run to the front door of the bus and tell the driver that I left my purse. The driver and another guy said they saw that I had left my purse and that a guy had it. I looked down the street, maybe about 100 feet away. It was a guy that I saw pretty much every morning on the bus. He had gotten off the bus trying to find me. He saw me and started walking toward me and handed me my purse. What a relief!! Thank goodness for some good samaritans! So I walked back to Central Station with the guy who originally was running with me. I was out of breath...but I had my purse. For the last month there was an annoying message being played over the speakers of the bus, saying "Please don't forget to take your personal items when exiting the bus." Before I wondered how could anyone forget their stuff on a bus...now I know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin