14 August 2008
Nineteen Minutes
So Saturday night when I bought a book at Borders I bought "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. Months ago when I went to Borders in search of a book I picked up some of her books and read the back cover. They seemed interesting but I didn't know if I wanted to spend the money on them; in case I didn't like it. But when I went on Saturday it seemed like this book was just saying "Pick me. Pick me." So I bought it. All week I couldn't put it down. I read it before work, during lunch, when I got home. All I could think about what when I could get to read again. Well, today I finished it. I'm weird. When I'm in the middle of reading a book I can't wait to finish it because I want to see what happens, but then when I've finished it I'm sad that it's over. I love books where I get connected to the characters. I love the way that Jodi writes...so I'm excited to read her other books!!! If I could I would go to the library right now and check some out! Maybe I'll go on Saturday...
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
No comments:
Post a Comment