20 August 2008

Job Security

A couple of months ago I blogged that they had laid off some people at work and that I was worried that I might be next... Well that is not the case anymore. Yesterday we found out that they were doing a pretty big reorganization within the whole workers comp department nation-wide. While unfortunately there were some more lay-offs country-wide our departments here remained intact...mostly. They dissolved a department but none of those people lost their jobs...they're just being dissolved into our department. With all these changes it means A LOT more work for us. Eventually they will be bringing in two other lines of insurance...which will mean more opportunity. And they actually are going to be hiring MORE people! So I feel MUCH MUCH MUCH better about my job! So that's some good news....although I do feel bad for those that lost their jobs...although most of them were absorbed into other departments...but for those that totally lost their jobs my heart goes out to them and I wish them all the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say Hi guys! Found you thru Mike and Veronica. It's good to know you guys are doing well.

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin