03 July 2008

A Tribute to my Wonderful Husband

So today I got off early from work because of the 4th of July holiday. So I've been home...catching up...watching The Bachlorette. Since we've decided to not watch so much TV I've been missing the latest episodes. I'm just a sucker for watching love stories...or anyone falling in love. I'm such a girly girl in that regard (in every way else I'm far from it). But watching it made me think of how much I love my husband, Kevin. When we first met and went out on a couple of dates, both of us were pretty hesitant with what we felt for each other (Kevin thought I was annoying). It wasn't until I was on my mission that we really were able to get know each other. For two-thirds of my mission we wrote every week...and not just little letters. We wrote letters where we got to know each other in a way that we wouldn't have if I hadn't gone on a mission. While we were writing I began to learn of what an amazing man he was, how sweet he was, how respectful he was. He soon became my best friend. Towards the end of my mission we both knew we were going to be more than friends when I got home...and that's exactly what happened. From day one when I got home we started dating...really dating...not like we had two years before. Pretty soon we became inseparable; we both knew that we couldn't live life without the other. So we got married and we've been happy ever since. It's hard to believe that we've been married for four and a half years now. I love him so much more now than I did then. Our love is so deep. We've been struggling with starting a family...it's been really hard for us...but I feel that we are being given this time to spend with each other. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love him. He's my everything. He makes me want to be a better person. He is amazing. I love him so much. So I just wanted to tell him how much I love him publicly. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey Cindy! It's been a long time since we've talked, but I wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and hope you're doing well. Your yard looks great! I also wanted to tell you that we also struggled with infertility for about 3 years, and I know it's hard. I know that EVERY blasted appointment is tough, but keep seeing your doctor and don't quit if you can possibly stand it! Make sure both of you see a doctor...in our case both Tim and I had to get help before everything worked right (me drugs, him surgery). And finally, after what seemed like forever, it did. Miss ya. Love, Emily

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin