27 July 2008

Dinner and a Movie

So last night we went to dinner with a couple of Kevin's friends and then we went to a movie. We went to dinner at Joe's BBQ in Gilbert. I was actually able to find some beef brisket. I learned to love that when I was in Texas. So I've been looking for it at BBQ places. A couple of months ago we went to Texas Roadhouse and they didn't have brisket!! Anyway, so it was good food! Then we drove to the movie theater where we watched The Dark Knight. We heard that it would be a good movie. However, no one prepared me for how dark and intense it would be. It left me feeling both emotionally and spiritually drained. The boys liked it. If I had known it would have been like that I would have passed. I'll give it that it was a good movie...but it's not one that I will watch again...which is really disappointing because I really enjoyed the other Batman movies. So if you watch it just be prepared!!

1 comment:

Marble Madness said...

Cindy,

I 100% agree with you! I was looking forward to this Batman as well and was told it was dark, but that it was good. After it was over, I felt like I needed to go read my scriptures. The person that told me that it was really good, was a guy. Why do guys like that stuff?

I love your blog by the way! I'm working on wanting to do my own....one day ;)

Emily Marble

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin