24 July 2008
Frustrated!
So I've been wanted to mow our lawn all week. Monday I got home three minutes after the sprinkler turned on. Tuesday I had to run errands and couldn't get home in time to turn off the sprinklers. Last night I had to do some things around the house. Then tonight I actually got home before the sprinklers turned on. I got the bag for the lawn mower and actually was able to put it on the mower (something that has been hard for me...). I checked to make sure there was enough gas and oil. There was. So the next test...to pull the cord to start the mower...I pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled...nothing happened! I could hear that it was trying to start but nothing. I called Kevin. He told me to push the red button on the front. I did. Still nothing! But I didn't want to give up just yet so I continued to pull the cord. Finally I decided to see if I could find a guy to help me. I knew our neighbor was probably at the hospital because his wife was being induced today, but I decided to give it a chance. He wasn't there. I was about to go across the street to another neighbor but at that time he rode by one his four wheeler and went to a house down the street. Then I called my visiting teacher (who lives right down the street) but her husband wasn't home. So I finally decided to concede to the fact that I couldn't start the mower. Man! I so wanted to get it done before Kevin got home from work!!!! But oh well... At least I tried...
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
No comments:
Post a Comment