27 June 2008

Our Week

So this week has seem like a blur. You know how it never seems like you can get anything done? Well that week has kind of felt that way. Less than two months ago I switched my schedule at work so that I get home an hour later than I was, so that takes away some time to get some things done.

Wednesday while we were at work, Kevin's mom called and said her tube fell out. (She has two tubes that drain her kidneys for her...they come out of her back). So Kevin and I dropped everything and went and took her to the hospital. Thankfully we were there for only TWO hours! But they were able to get the tube put back in. We got some dinner and headed to bed, because the next morning we were getting up really early to take Kevin's mom to the airport because she was going to CA for five days to spend sometime with her daughter and family back there.

So Thursday we woke up at 3:30am. We left the house at 4am and dropped Kevin's mom off at the airport. Kevin and I went to IHOP for breakfast. We then slept for like an hour and a half in my car before I went up to work. After work instead of taking a bus back to Mesa, I took a bus to Kevin's office. From there we went to dinner. We were zombies by this time so we did a few things once we got home and then we went to bed...I think we were in bed like at 9pm...which is early for us. We were soooo tired!!

So Kevin and I have the whole weekend just to ourselves!! We are so excited!! We've never had the house to ourselves since we moved in over a year ago! We've had Kevin's mom living with us for the last year and a half and this is the first time we have the house/apartment to ourselves in that long! It's long overdue!! So we get to have a vacation and we don't even have to leave our house!

An update on the job front. Things have calmed down a little bit. I don't feel so rushed to find another place of employment. Right now I have a strong feeling that I need to find something where I can work at home, but I know it will take awhile to find the right opportunity. So for now we'll take things as they come.

Well, I need to go...have a bunch that I need to do with so little time!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Enjoy your weekend with Kevin!
I'm glad everything worked out on the job front for the time being. Sorry I haven't had a chance to call you back-hopefully we will catch up with each other one of these days.

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin