So yesterday Kevin put gas in his car...that cost $60 (and will last like three days if we're lucky)...today it cost $50 to fill my car (but that will last about a week and a half). I can't believe how much gas is getting!! And we can only hope that at sometime it will plateau and actually start falling again...
Today while I was waiting for my bus the other people and I were talking about the whole gas situation. One of the ladies has been to Europe a few times and started talking about how much gas over there costs (almost $11 a gallon!) but how most people don't have a car and rely on public transportation to get them places. It made me wish the US was like this (not the gas prices but not so addicted to our cars)...sure Valley Metro is great...but it's still not where it needs to be to help people to not have to use their cars to get anything done...
If it wasn't getting so hot I'm tempted to ride my bike to the bus stop so that I would hardly ever have to fill my gas tank! Now only if my husband could take the bus...He could take the bus but it would take him THREE hours to get to his work...
Can someone please tell President Bush that this is a problem!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment