08 June 2008

Happy 100th Post!

So I've finally reached my 100th post. Wow!

Anyway, to update everyone on what's going on. Our Buddy still hasn't come home yet. We're very sad and always look out of the window to see if he's out there waiting for us to let him in; or while we're driving around the neighborhood we're constantly looking around hoping to see him. But we have had no such luck. On Friday I put some signs on the mailboxes. Last night we posted something on Craig's List. But today it's been three days and that's usually the amount of time that it took for our other kitties to come back...but I don't see him coming home to us. We're just really sad. He brought us so much joy with all the querky things that he did...like jumping on the shower enclosure while we're taking showers, or how he would chase me around the house and I would chase him back and he would be waiting for me and jump out at me, how he absolutely loved water, his little squak, I could go on and on. It just breaks my heart! Kevin said last night that if it comes down to it and Buddy doesn't come home that he wants another Siamese kitten. But I know it wouldn't be the same...no one could replace our Buddy. He was definately one-of-a-kind. Oh Buddy....just come home!!

In brighter news, our backyard is pretty much finished...we still have a couple more plants to put in, but we got the rock in yesterday...all TEN tons of it! We started at 6am and we were done by 8:45! Thanks to the Elders Quorum who came over and helped us! I was right there with them shoveling and spreading the rock...so today I can hardly move, but it is so nice having a backyard now. It's really weird. I look out the back and instead of seeing dirt and weeds, I see grass, rock, and plants! I'll take pictures this week and post them. By the way, the grass is looking better. Kevin's still worried about patches of it, but in time it will look fine!!!!

And the best news today! In Nursery today our twins, who usually have a hard time, did GREAT today!!!! They had smiles on their faces and were so excited to be there!!! I'm so glad!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin