15 August 2010

here and there

I've been a total blog snoozer...

This week I started taking the light rail/bus again. I switched my hours at work to make this possible. So here's my new schedule.

4:45 am - wake up (It hurts, I know - I used to wake up at 7)
5:15 am - leave the house
5:30 am - arrive at the park 'n ride
5:30 - 5:45 am - take the bus to the light rail station
6:07 - 6:20 am - take the light rail to work
7:15 am - get off the light rail and walk to my building
7:30 am - start work
4:00 pm - get off work
4:15 pm - get on the light rail
5:03 pm - get off the light rail and Kevin picks me up from the light rail station
5:30 pm - Kevin drops me off at my car at the park 'n ride
5:45 pm - get home

So doing it this way I have to get up way earlier than usual, but I get to see Kevin an hour earlier than usual. And we save money in the process. Cha ching.

But with getting up earlier it's been making me more tired - hopefully my body will get used to it soon. By Friday I was exhausted.

And this schedule will only get worse when school starts - NINE days! Tuesdays I'll take the bus to school. Take the bus back to where I work - take the light rail back to the light rail station - and then take the bus back to the park 'n ride. Thursday I'll have to drive since that will be my late night and I really don't want to be on the bus/light rail that late at night.

Yesterday at work we had our annual company "picnic". We were broken up into groups where we were told to put together a skit. We've been working on it for the last six weeks. The morning started off with HUGE cookies. We worked for two hours and then met in the break room for the opening ceremonies. We then went to start the games. Crochet, Family Feud, The Match Game, Are You Smarter Than a ...., You Bet Your Life, and a mystery scanvenger hunt. Then we had a yummy Mexican lunch. And then the skits! We were looking forward to getting it over with. Our group was assigned the 1920s. I played Charlie Chaplin. My wife - one of the guys at work - and I were in need of an insurance policy to help protect my wife since Charlie Chaplin was accident prone. It was so fun. Then we watched the other skits. And then there was the award ceremony. And our group won first place!!!! That's two years in a row for me. So it was fun. A great day at work.

Yesterday we got up and started attacking our house. We dumped out all the litter in our litter boxes, took the litter boxes outside, hosed them down, cleaned them, put them out to dry, put new litter in. Then we drained out our little pool - wasn't the smarted purchase we made since we only used it twice. Then we headed out to buy some new kitty litter and to do some grocery shopping. Came home and put the food away. Checked the mail. Was excited to get my photo book that I ordered through Shutterfly.com - but then wasn't so excited to see that somehow the front cover wasn't what I had wanted it to be. And wasn't so excited to find that I had been sent to collections for $32 from Blockbuster. In May we had rented Shrek 2 and 3. We didn't take them back - and since Blockbuster's policy is that if you don't return them you buy them and I thought they would use the same card that you used to rent them in the first place I didn't think there would be a problem. But apparently there was. So I called Blockbuster. Apparently they tried charging my old card and they tried calling me but they had my old phone number. So after a quick trip to pay them the balance and to update our card and phone number we are fine again - no collections!!! After that and a trip to Walgreens we come home. I call Shutterfly.com to take care of the issue with the cover and eventually get that taken care of. Then Kevin starts cooking...and I start vacuuming and mopping.

Why all this cleaning and cooking? My friend, Daniela, and her family were coming over for dinner - all seven of them. We haven't had friends over for dinner in a long time. We had a great evening. Eating Kevin's yummy teriyaki chicken and fried rice, playing Guitar Hero and Super Mario Bros, and then having dessert, brownies and vanilla ice cream. It was a great night, chatting, playing, and just enjoying being with each other.

And today will be just as busy. Soon I leave for choir practice. Then during church today I will be playing the organ in Sacrament Meeting, and subbing for the Primary choirister. So wish me luck. This will be my first time being the Primary choirister. But it will be fun.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin