When we got to the ER they took her back to triage and take her vitals. We were led to an exam room. The vet came in and told us she had an ear hematoma. We were prepared to hear that because on the way to the ER I had been texting my sister and her cat had the same thing. So we decided on the treatment plan and were told we could either wait in the exam room or go back out front. Kevin wanted to go out front.
As we were sitting in the waiting room a man came in carrying a rabbit cage with five really tiny kittens - probably about three weeks old. He told the receptionist that he had found them under the house of his father in law who had just bought the house. He was hoping they would take them and find homes for them. They said they could take them but they would most likely be put to sleep. When I heard that my heart dropped. They were so adorable - I couldn't imagine them having to be put down. While he was there he was asking us and the other couple that was in the waiting room if we would take them. I would gladly take them if I could, but we can't. It's just not an option. I would so do it in a heart beat if I could. So I'm thinking about these kitties and tears come to my eyes. The guy left the kitties with the receptionist and went on his way. After he left the receptionist publicly apologized to all of us for what just happened. She explained that he had called around 5pm (it was now 9:45) to see if they would take them. She told him to put the kittens back under the house so the mama could take care of them. He didn't listen to her. And I'm just sitting there trying to keep myself together. I was so upset. So heartbroken for those innocent babies. It took me a long time to calm down. Luckily the girls in the back decided to try and find foster families for the babies...hopefully they will be able to.
So when Addie was all done they gave us the instructions and brought her in. This is what she looked like:
Poor baby!! Tomorrow I take her to the vet to have the bandage removed and to get checked out to make sure everything is okay. I felt so bad for her. So we get home at 11pm. What a way to spend the night. Just glad that Addie's okay and that it wasn't life threatening.So this morning I drove to work - there was no way that I would be able to get up early enough to take the bus. I've been fighting a cold all week so besides being tired I wasn't feeling too great.
I walked into my boss's office to drop off a couple of files. She told me that she wanted to talk to me, and that I needed to close the door. So I wondered what I did. She told me that she had some good news for me. She told me that my promotion is finally official - my new title is senior underwriting assistant!! And with the promotion came an increase in pay. I was shocked. It was awesome. So that was really good news!!
1 comment:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment