Right before Joey passed away Kevin was already talking about getting another cat. At that time I was in no shape to even conceive of getting another cat. After Joey passed I was still feeling like I wasn't ready to get a new cat but I was warming up to the idea of getting a kitten.
Monday night Kevin stopped by Petsmart. He saw these four all black seven week old kittens. A part of me almost jumped at the chance. But then I decided I was content with having seven cats...we could give them the attention that we haven't been able to give them for a couple of weeks.
This morning Kevin was holding Annie and I thought about how grateful that I was to have her and how much I have come to love her. At that moment I knew I was ready to love another kitty and to give another kitty a home.
So we went to Petsmart. The four black kittens were still there. We got someone to let us into see the cats. We had so much fun playing with all four kittens. Then it came time to pick one to take home. It took us awhile to decide but we decided to bring home the only girl.

We named her Shadow.

Yes, you're seeing something. Her left ear was clipped by the Humane Society. Her and her brothers were originally brought in as feral cats, were just going to be spay and neutered, and were going to be put back in the "wild". And so they could easily determine if they were neutered or not they clipped their ears. Luckily instead of setting them free they decided to let them be adopted.

Did you know that cats have belly buttons too? We didn't realize it. But Shadow has a belly button.

Shadow has been so fun so far. She meows a lot. She doesn't like to be in a room by herself. She loves playing with the feather toys that Kevin's mom bought for her.
As expected the other cats aren't too crazy about her yet. Give them three days and they'll be the best of friends.

This is how Annie feels about it.
1 comment:
Ha ha, that one of Annie is funny!
Post a Comment