20 May 2010
Overdid It
In one of my previous posts I mentioned how messy my house was and how it was what I was going to tackle now that I'm out of school. Well...it wasn't the first thing I worked on. For a couple of days I worked non-stop (other than going to work of course) on a new crochet project. It felt good to just veg. I was in no mood to clean the house - with me I really have to be in the mood to clean or it won't happen. Last night I decided that I probably should start being a little more productive. So I put in two loads of laundry. Tonight on my way home from work I decided to rearrange our living room and our bedroom. So I came home, ate leftovers from last night and set to work. I moved around our couches. Pulled our recliner out of our bedroom and put it in the living room. In between all this I had picked up trash and put some of the big stuff away. Oh yeah and I put in another load of laundry. Once the recliner was out of our bedroom I tackled the fun project of moving our king size bed. I managed to get the mattress upright against the wall. Instantly the cats wanted to climb up it. Then I got both of the box springs upright. Then I moved the bed frame. Then moved the box frames back and got the mattress back on. Mind you...Kevin's at work...so I was doing this all by myself. I moved our nightstands into place. By this time my body was feeling pretty spent. So I got all the major furniture moved. There's still some little stuff that needs to be put away but I think I'll let Kevin deal with that tomorrow. So I'm resting for the rest of the night. Whew...me tired!!!
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
2 comments:
You've been busy!
What did Kevin think of the changes? And how are you feeling after all of that?? :-)
When Kevin walked into the bedroom he was like "What the heck?" He was surprised. He likes it.
I'm still exhausted. I am not moving that bed by myself again.
Post a Comment