Joey Kenneth Munksgard
RIP
February 2005 to May 1 2010
In April 2005 Addie got out and was gone for three days. We didn't think that she would come back to us so we decided to bring home another kitty. We looked in the newspaper and found an ad for some kittens. We called and arranged a time to come over and see the kittens they had. We drive over there and see them. We took turns holding the four black and white kittens. Three of them really didn't want to be held too long. There was one that let us hold him for longer. We decided to bring him home with us. As we were driving home I was holding him. We were thinking of names and instantly I thought of Joey. So we welcomed Joey into our household. Our other cats weren't quite sure on what to do. Annie especially hissed and growled. But after three days all the cats became the best of friends.
Joey was our traveling kitty. We brought him to my work and he loved the car. One time when Kevin was driving him home from my office. He had to stop for a train. Joey was sitting in the front seat just chilling...a loud train is going by and he's just chilling.
Joey had a lot of energy when he was a kitten. He would often rough house with Annie...sometimes too much. So he was put into time outs.
He also had some weird, cute things.
1. He loved it when our DVD player opened up. No matter where he was in the house if we opened up the DVD player to put a DVD in, he would come running, and try to hit the tray as it went back in.
2. He loved socks. He would pick any sock in the house and carry it around in his mouth and then he would attack it.
3. He loved tampons (unused). If he found one he would carry it usually into the front room and would get it out of the plastic wrap.
4. We trained Joey to come to me whenever I called for him.
5. He was a jumper. He especially loved lazer lights. He would jump really high. We even got him to turn on/off lights by jumping up.
He was my baby. He slept next to me every night. He was my sweet kitty.
Last fall we started noticing Joey becoming recluse. He would stay under the bed. He wouldn't come out very much. It seemed the other cats started picking on him.
In the beginning of the year we noticed it got worse. I really started missing my Joe Joes...the way he used to be. He started getting skinny.
In February we thought he was having issues eating so we took him to the vet. It turned out he was constipated. For the next two weeks he gained a little bit of weight so we thought he was getting better.
And you know the rest of the story. Here's a video of Joey playing with the lazer light.
I thought I was doing better. I hadn't cried since Sunday night. I thought about him on the way home and was fine. I checked our mail and saw a card from our vet. It was a sympathy card. It made me start crying. And then I watched the above video and I cried more.
I really miss him. I know he's in a better place. I know he's no longer in pain. I know we did the right thing. But I REALLY miss him. I will always love him and always remember him. he will always be my baby.
1 comment:
I'm sorry, Cindy!
Post a Comment