22 May 2010

Are we crazy?

Okay...I'm officially being the cat lady on our street. Today I felt that Shadow needed a friend her own size. The boys love Shadow. But they're kind of big for her. I wanted her to have someone that she could wrestle and play with without having to worry about her getting hurt. As we were driving to Walmart to get some new lamps for our nightstands Kevin asked if I wanted to go see Shadow's brothers. I mentioned that I was thinking of bringing one of them home. He was hesitant of course. We went to Jamba and go something for breakfast. Then we went to Petsmart. When we got there we say that two of them were still there. So we looked at them and then left. As we were driving to Walmart I kept on telling Kevin good reasons for why we should bring one of them home. He was still hesitant but I could tell that he was slowly going to give in.

So when we got home I really didn't want to sit around the house. Kevin had an hour and a half until he had to go to work. I told him I knew where I wanted to go. He knew what I was getting at. I could tell he was able to give in. So after some more prodding and some more convincing he said it would be okay. (He can't resist my puppy dog eyes...) We took my car...which still had the cat carrier in it from when we brought Shadow home. We brought the carrier in with us - we weren't messing around this time. The same lady was there. She brought the two brothers and we soon decided which one to take home. You should have seen Kevin's face. He fell in love. He was the one that ultimately made the decision of which one to bring home and he was the one who decided what to name him. Kevin named him Bear. When I said it outloud Bear looked straight at me.

We were hoping that when we brought him home that him and Shadow would remember each other. That didn't happen. Bear hissed at her. Buddy was totally fine with Bear. There was no hissing. Izzy and Tigger did good as well. Of course Annie hissed.

Bear so far has been a joy to have. He's so sweet. He's been running around the house. He's jumped up on my lap and started purring. Right now he's playing with Kevin's mom. He's adorable.
Here he is.  Isn't he adorable?
See how good Buddy is!
This is Shadow and Buddy.
Shadow
Shadow
Here's Izzy and Shadow
This is Shadow and Buddy.
Another picture of Bear.

Here's a picture of Bear and Shadow.  Bear is on the left.  Shadow is on the right.  Shadow is now wearing a pink collar - Bear is wearing a black one.

(I must apologize for how the layout turned out.  I was having issues with Blogger with uploading pictures and them being placed where I wanted them to go.  So I'm trying the new editor and it's not working as good as I had hoped.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin