15 July 2009

One More Year Gone

Today I turned the dreaded 29! How crazy! I never thought I would get to this age. Next year my birthday will be a little harder. But I had a good day. I took Wed thru Fri off from work. So this morning I got up at 8am. My mom and I went and got a pedi, we went to lunch at one of my favorite places...Paradise Bakery...Then we watched My Sister's Keepers. We both read the book. I was hoping it wouldn't be as big of a disappointment as Angels & Demons was. It was pretty good. I don't think I'll buy it, but it was good. The differences weren't really a distraction. Then tonight we went to Olive Garden for my birthday. It was a great day!

Tomorrow my mom and I leave for New Mexico. It will be nice to have some time away and to go to a cooler place. 87 degree weather is going to be SOOOO nice!!!!! (Compared to the 113 degree weather we have here this week.)

So I will post pictures upon my return. Until then...

2 comments:

Me said...

Yaaaay! I'm glad you had a happy birthday and am jealous u get to go to NM - I love Santa Fe! So beautiful! Love you sis!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm nearing 30 and all I can say it that it sucks! Enjoy your last year in your 20's!

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin