22 July 2009

I knew there was a reason

I remember years ago when antibiotic soap, lotions, wipes came out that some experts said they weren't good for us. So for years I steered clear of them. People have asked me why and I couldn't remember the exact reason why. Tonight in my reading I was reading about bacteria, specifically about antibiotics and how they are being overused, and because it's being overused our bodies are becoming immune to it. A reason why to steer clear of antibacterial soap, etc, is because it exposes our bodies to too many antibiotics and our body becomes immune to them, so when we're really sick and need antibiotics, our bodies won't react to them and the infection wouldn't go away.

So think about that the next time that you pick up some antibacterial soap at the store...just pick up the normal soap instead!!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

As long as it gets me clean, I don't worry about it! So far so good... :-)

I remember reading about that too...

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin