01 April 2008
Happy April Fool's Day
So I thought I was going to get through the day without being fooled...yeah...I didn't get past 8am! So I was driving this morning...listening to the news radio station that we listen to. On the headline news they announced that starting tomorrow the freeways will turn into tollways. But they didn't go into very much detail with anything. I thought that odd. I know there has been talk about making the carpool lanes a toll road...but I hadn't heard anything. So when I got to work I went on the radio station's website and saw the story. Looking at it I should have known something was fishy when they announced the charges for the toll roads would determine on what freeway you are on... i.e. If you are on the 101 it would be $1.01 (exact change required) and so on... I went on Arizona's Department of Transportation website...nothing about it was there. I went to one of the TV new station's website...nothing was there. Then....I remember what day it was. Yeah...so they got me good....BUT they got A LOT of people in the Phoenix area fooled!! It was brilliant!!!!!!!! I just hope that people find out it was a joke and don't go tomorrow expecting to have to pay tolls! So hilarious!!! If you want to read the story just go to the following link: http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=793341
Quote of the Week
"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
1 comment:
That's funny. I got by the whole day with no jokes on me!
Post a Comment