30 April 2008

Hebrews

So this year I have been reading the New Testament. I haven't read the whole thing since my mission so it's been a good refresher for me. I just finished reading Hebrews. Wow! What an amazing book! I felt that Paul was talking directly to me. Reading those chapters were an answer to my prayers. This afternoon I read the following verse: "...be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5). This really touched me because lately Kevin and I haven't been living in the present. We keep on looking to when we have kids, when we have more money, when,when,when. We just need to focus on today and be content with the blessings we have right now. And believe me this is hard for me.

Our home teachers came over last night. They gave us the lesson and it especially touched me. In this month's Ensign, in the First Presidency Message, President Monson advised us to do three things:

1. Learn from the past
2. Prepare for the future
3. Live in the present

So when I read that verse in Hebrews this morning it just reaffirmed that we do need to be content with what we have now, and not be sad about what we don't have. It's easier said than done, but I know we'll he happier and more relaxed once we do. So those are my two cents for the day. If you have a chance read Hebrews!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin