01 April 2008

Little Women

So I've started re-reading Little Women (I don't know how many times I have read it). It's one of my most favorite books. I remember the last time I read it that I learned something new from it. Well this time I learned something new again. It's amazing how insightful this book is. I wish I could copy and paste one chapter in here because it is soooo good!!! If you have this book and are curious to what I am referring to is, read Chapter 8: Jo Meets Apollyon. If you've seen the movie it's the scene where Jo and Meg go to the theater with Mr. Brooks and Laurie, leaving Amy behind. Amy was so upset that she burned Jo's manuscript that she was writing. Upon Jo discovering this she became very upset and refused to talk to Amy again. A couple of days later Jo and Laurie went ice skating, and Amy followed. Amy ended up falling in the ice. Then Jo stopped being mad at Amy. Well what you don't see in the movie is Jo's conversation with Marmee regarding her problem with anger. It was what I needed to hear. And then at the end Marmee seems to bear her testimony about trials. It was really neat to read. If you have this book READ this chapter!! It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

So what is a book that you have read that has uplifted you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote of the Week

"We are often left to work out problems, without the dictation or specific direction of the Spirit. That is part of the experience we must have in mortality. Fortunately, we are never out of the Savior's sight, and if our judgement leads us to actions beyond the limits of what is permissible and if we are listening to the still small voice, the Lord will restrain us by the promptings of His Spirit." - Elder Dallin H. Oaks

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." - Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin